Your Reading (Terms and Conditions)
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION IS READ CAREFULLY BEFORE FILLING IN THE READING REQUEST FORM, BELOW. THIS INFORMATION OUTLINES THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF AN APPOINTMENT WITH CLAIRE.
IN PREPARATION FOR THE SITTING
- UK Law dictates that mediums must state that a reading is for your entertainment purposes only
- By contacting us via this website and providing your name, email details and phone number, you are consenting to us holding your data. This information is only held for the purposes of organising a meeting between yourself and us and for keeping you informed about Claire’s services. Information you provide will not be shared with any other parties unless you should give your prior consent.
- Claire has a policy not to read for anyone under the age of 18. Parents who wish to bring an older teenager along with them to a session, may be able to do so but must inform Claire at the time of booking in order to discuss whether it’s appropriate.
- Payment for your reading is required 24 hours prior to your appointment. PLEASE NOTE: We reserve the right to cancel your appointment if you fail to meet this requirement.
DURING THE SITTING
- Claire always takes time at the beginning of the appointment to explain how she works and what to expect.
- The Medium’s purpose is to provide evidence of the survival of consciousness after death. This cannot currently be scientifically substantiated. The Medium therefore, will have done their job if:
- they describe a communicator to you
- they provide evidence suggestive for the survival of death in the form of information you already know or can research and of which the medium had no prior knowledge
- they describe the overall reason for the message
- Mediumship is always experimental in nature and therefore specific outcomes can never be guaranteed
- During your session you may receive information about spirit guides, past lives or soul connections. This information does not constitute evidence of survival. Therefore, it is entirely at the discretion of the sitter as to how they choose to interpret any insight given
- The Medium is NOT a fortune teller.
- Medium or psychic? There is a difference between a purely psychic reading and a reading with a Medium. A purely psychic reading, for example with tarot cards, will focus on areas of your life and possible future predictions. The Medium’s primary purpose is to make a connection with a 3rd party communicator in the spirit world. Understanding this difference is key.
- A responsible Medium never knowingly predicts the death of another person
- It is possible that the Medium will give you information about an imminent future event, i.e. a holiday coming up. However, 9 times out of 10 this will be something you are already aware of and so constitutes evidence, not a prediction.
- The Medium cannot demand a particular person make contact with them. You are encouraged to keep an open mind as to who may be seeking communication with you. Coming along only wanting to hear from one particular person could lead to disappointment.
- A common sense approach is encouraged at all times and no life decisions should be made purely based on information presented during the reading
- The Medium cannot be held responsible for how the sitter (person receiving the message) interprets the information given to them. It is the Medium’s responsibility to interpret as accurately as they can, the information presented to them from Spirit.
- Medium’s are human, they sometimes make errors in translation. For this reason, no reading is ever 100 percent accurate. It should however, be decidedly more accurate than inaccurate and you will recognise when the Medium goes beyond chance. If there is anything you don’t understand, feel free to ask for more clarity and keep a level headed approach to the information presented to you at all times.
- Remember, any guidance you receive is only that – guidance. It is an opinion and you are free to dismiss it or take it on board at your discretion. A good Medium will never tell you what decisions to make and what to do with your life. As you would not always take advice from loved ones who are living here, do not feel you need to take advice just because it comes via a medium. You are the only person with authority to make decisions about your life. No-one else can do that for you.
- Please DO NOT give the Medium ANY details of your life. It makes their job harder and it may cast doubt in your mind at the end of your sitting. Sit back and enjoy your reading. Let the Medium do the work for you. A “Yes” or “No” answer or “I do not understand” or “yes, I can see what you mean by that” is all that’s needed from you.
- Mediumship is not a substitute for counselling. If you are experiencing difficulties in life and are having trouble dealing with them emotionally or if you are having trouble dealing with grief brought about by the death of a loved one, it is recommended you seek out a professional who is qualified to deal with such matters, or contact your doctor. There are also links to professional organisations on this website. Please see the Links page. Claire never knowingly reads for the extremely emotionally vulnerable and she will be honest with you if she feels you are not ready to receive a reading.
- The best results are achieved when people come to a sitting with an open mind and heart. Trying to trip the medium up or having a dogmatically negative attitude only serves to block the flow of the process. A better approach is to take the reading as it comes and to be an open minded observer about what you receive. It is healthy to critique your reading afterwards.
- A reading is a deeply personal experience. Try to be aware of how the reading resonates within you. This is where the true connection is made.
Please complete the form below in order to request a private reading with Claire